Tuesday, January 20, 2015

January 20, 2015
Sometimes life gets in the way...

Whew, it's been awhile!!

It seems like since the Christmas break I just have not been able to find the time to tell about our classroom escapades! We've been in the midst of middle of the year assessments in math, reading, and writing, and now I'm forcing myself to take a break from report cards (which go out next Tuesday, by the way).  Hopefully once things calm down I can get more pictures and videos done of the firsties and write more about the awesome things we're doing in first grade!!

But what are the kids doing while I test each child? For the past few weeks, we've been doing a LOT of centers.  This is something that I'm still working on getting the kinks out of.  I am still tweaking how best to keep each child accountable and engaged in a center while my focus is on testing one of their peers.  It's not easy.  But each center rotation seems to get a little better as the kids and I both learn how we all best work.  

Hopefully we'll finish ALL of our assessments this week and we can get back to the fun stuff:  LEARNING!!







No comments:

Post a Comment