Friday, March 6, 2015

Friday, March 6, 2015 - The end of our first full week in a LONG time!!




It's a beautiful day in the 1st grade neighborhood!!
Thank you Ms. H. for the cute pictures above.  It was N's birthday and Ms. H. brought doughnuts for our class to share at lunchtime.  Thank you for the DELICIOUS coffee!!

What we did today:
Reading:  We finished the 2nd week of "I think I can" in Imagine it.  We sorted some more /aw/ sounds in words and we also sang "Down by the Station" and listened to "Orange Blossom Special."  The kids really enjoyed both of these videos and asked to see both again.   




Math:  Adding 2 digit numbers to 1 digit numbers using a number line.  We found the first number on the blank number line and then used bunny hops to skip up the correct number to add the 2nd number.  

Special:  PE - Tae kwon do! Some of the kids got to break boards today in PE.  Exciting!

Extra Special:  Surprise! An extra guidance special for us! I never can remember when we have this so it's always a nice surprise!

Lunch for me:  Today our staff had a chili/soup cook-off to support our local Arts Council and I donated money to the Arts Council (ever the musician) so I could be a judge in the competition.  I've got to say that I probably won't be a food judge again anytime soon.  The food was ALL SO DELICIOUS!! But after trying 11 different kinds of chili and soup, I did not care if I ever ate chili again.  : )
No, really it was all so good, but I rarely eat a whole lot at lunch so I think I just was not used to having an actual meal and I was really done eating after about sample 4.  Uggh.  

Recess:  Inside today.  Bummer.  It was beautifully sunny, but it was just way too cold and I also suspect that it was probably pretty muddy after the rain we've had.  So we did several Just Dance Kids videos from YouTube.  The kids went CRAZY when I put this one on: 


Uggh.  NOT a fan.  

Reading Buddies:  Our 4th grade buddies came to see us again.  It's been so long!! We LOVE to see our 4th grade reading buddies and they do such a good job helping us practice our reading skills.  

No comments:

Post a Comment