Saturday, November 1, 2014






Okay, I just had to share this...

I think only parents and teachers of lower elementary kids would actually understand this and it just makes me laugh in thinking about it...

So, I've had a pretty nasty sounding cough lately and my mother the nurse told me I really needed to see a doctor.  And of course, being the good and obedient daughter that I am, made an appointment Friday afternoon to see the doctor.  

So what brings you in today?
     Well, I teach 1st grade and I've gotten this cold and I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something more serious, like bronchitis or pneumonia.  You know, since I work around kids and all (and because I'm not going to have another realistic chance to get to the doctor).  

Have you been around anyone who has been sick?
     (pause, pause) Well, I, um, teach 1st grade.  

Has anyone in the class been sick?
     (pause, wait for it) Uh, it's 1st grade.  There's ALWAYS someone sick.  

Have you felt any abnormal tiredness or stress?
     (Seriously?) Well, nothing ABNORMAL, no.  But tiredness and stress, yes.   I TEACH 1ST GRADE!!

HAHA!!

I love my kiddos and I know I'm going to get sick at various points this year.  Thankfully I have a pretty stout immune system and I don't get sick that often  I just thought it was hilarious that this doctor seemed to be oblivious to the germs that roam the halls of 1st grade.  : )


No comments:

Post a Comment