Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Okay, so maybe I was a little too tired and short tempered.  Or maybe that just keeps me from giving too many chances.  : )
But we were doing a read aloud on Wednesday of My Mother is Ruining My Life for our family unit in social studies.


There is a point in the book where the mother gives the daughter the "Mom look."  I, jokingly, said, "Ms. Carter never looks like this, right?" And what do you know... a little voice popped up and said, "Oh yes, you do! You look like this, Ms. Carter..." 



And every little head nodded in agreement.  Okay, it made me laugh, but really? I guess the kids have noticed my "teacher look."  It's something we all do, but I do try to save it for only when absolutely necessary.

It make me think, though.  Even though I am tired and rushed most of the time, I don't want the kids to suffer because of my shortcomings.  I want them to remember how much they loved coming to school, not how mean their teacher was, although I really don't think that giving them the stern teacher face is exactly mean.  But it's those moments that make me adjust my attitude and check myself.  Because I would much rather my kiddos forget this:


And remember more of this:










No comments:

Post a Comment