Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tuesday, September 9

Best story of the day?
      How to curl your hair:  First you got to get married.  Then you've got to get a husband.  Then you take your husband's socks and sleep on them.  And when you wake up, your hair is curly!!

Too cute.  : )

Best comment of the day?
     Ms. Carter, guess what? We worked as a team and we were able to draw a great picture! And we did it all by working as a team!

Best new teacher tool of the day?
     Planbook.com
          I'm trying this out to write my lesson plans.  I have yet to find a template/program that I really like.  But so far I really like this one.  I would much rather type than write my lesson plans, but I have thought about just forgetting the whole technology thing and doing all my lesson plans for the week by hand.  But I think I'll give this website a try before I go completely old school.


Reading:  We were able to get A LOT done today in reading.  We pretty much caught up in Imagine It after not having our full reading time yesterday because of Dibels testing.  We'll start TRC testing very soon and this will give me an even closer look at the kids' reading levels and abilities.  Since I don't have many 1st grade level books, I've set up Razkids so that the kids can have access to books on their level at home to practice their reading.  Hopefully as the year goes on I can collect some more books for our room so the kids can have books in their hands.  The library book sale can't come soon enough!!

Oh, yeah.  We started discussing vowels today.  To help us learn our long vowel sounds, the kids and I sang "Apples and Bananas."  I definitely have a group of music lovers in my class, but I have to say, this song in particular was a hit from the moment I hit play.  They absolutely loved it! I think it will be a recurring song in our class through the year.  : )




Remember!! Early Release is tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment